Last Friday was the first time I went pub hopping, got super sloshed (over 3 glasses of wine and a margarita) and stepped into that fuzzy world of happy giggling-over-nothing and stupid non-stop-talking. But, know what? In spite of the madness, I was perfectly conscious of what I was talking or doing..err.just that I wasn’t able to stop. H saved himself for the drive back, as soon as he saw me going overboard. (I am proud of you my dear :))
Anyway, When we finally made it home at 3 AM next day, I remember H walking me back to the house totally ignoring my clever suggestions to spend the night in the car because it was warm there..and walking to the house was cold. 😀
It took only a couple of minutes inside the house when I realized the fuzzy happiness was all churning inside and demanded to come out immediately. I made a quick run to the bathroom to let it all out into the sink ( Yuckk! That one was a first time too..not really proud of it). Reality had still not hit but I couldn’t stand the mess and started cleaning up. Though H tried, he wasn’t able to lure me to go and sleep! I crashed only when I had done my cleaning job as best as I could in that drunken state 😛
That much of a prelude to come to this point – Waking up to an unclean sink in the morning is not my only pet peeve. There is quite a list. Take a look 😀
– Have to be reading something as I do my ‘long business’ in the restroom. If nothing, I should read at least the labels and ingredients on the shampoo bottle lying nearby.
– Need to have the bathtub absolutely free of any hair residuals. I will end up taking shower with closed eyes if its not my house and I can’t clean that tub.
– It is absolutely necessary that I delete any spam message on my personal email accounts as soon as I see it, that instant. Ditto with the server notification emails on my office account.
– Sleep on the right side of the bed always. H can crib or cry, he is not having that side. Sorry honey!
– The bedroom door has to closed when I go to bed. Doesn’t matter if its only me and H in the whole house and the front door is locked.
– Once you step out of the house, coming back to get anything forgotten, brings bad luck. So, sit down, at least for a microsecond before going out again. Amma used to say that and follow sincerely. I find that reasoning funny, but can’t stop doing it anyways!
– Unless there are any kids playing and dragging things around, the living room should have every single piece of furniture in its allotted place. If H needs to get me all worked up, he just needs to shift the chairs a little or move the table a bit out of angle..and watch the fun.
– Kitchen needs to be totally under my control, when I cook. You take over and do the full job if you like. But, please don’t offer help. I might not sound exactly polite when I say “Stop! I’ll manage on my own. Thanks.”
– All doors on the kitchen cabinet need to remain closed while not in use. Leaving them partially open, for any reason, just won’t do at all.
– Pray for at least a few minutes everyday and make sure that includes wishing for happiness and peace for everyone in the world. God might otherwise assume I am really selfish to ask favors for me and my people only no?
Your turn now. Leave a comment or take this up as a tag. Tell me your list of pet peeves. 🙂
Oh, come on now, everyone has some of it right?…..right?
* looks worried when there’s no answer *