Has been way too long since the last post here, Isn’t it?
Whenever I came here to do a new post, the words and images on that last post made me all knotted inside the stomach. My parents are back in India and I miss them more than I could ever imagine. I was this strong-headed independent girl who did not care to understand when people said “am home sick” or “miss my parents”. Hmmm, all that is coming to bite me in the butt now. 😛
Ok. So, I finally checked a long pending task on my to-do list today- Created a blog showcase of my virtual Awards 😀
Everytime some sweet soul honoured me with an award, I gracefully accepted it and then kept it aside in a corner to gather dust. What a shame! It bugged me in the back of my mind always, but somehow ‘other’ things took priority every single time. Anyway, finally got to do it …here is my Kudos! Corner `:)
I won’t mind a bit, if you go in there and say, “Cool. You got all this-a?”
I won’t mind a bit, even if you say “Oh, that’s all? I have more. Here,take a few.”
Oh ,I am not leaving without some Paapu updates for you 😀
- – The Kannada speaking Ajja-Ajji have been replaced by Tamil speaking Paati now. Yes, Hubby’s mom is in town. Initially, Paapu was thoroughly confused by the new method of handling, new posture of bathing, new voice for singing and new volume of speaking (LOUD). She cried a few tears and then quickly got along with the change. She giggles at her Paati’s funny faces at the drop of a hat now.
- – Those little chubby fingers which could hardly manage to co-ordinate and touch a toy are now grasping and pulling everything possible in the vicinity, including mommy’s hair, specially while they dangle down on the face when mommy kisses her forehead one hundred times a day. Ouch! 😀
- – Paapu is going to be introduced to the bright-big-yummy world of solid food in a week!Mommy is particularly proud about having kept up her ‘exclusive breastfeeding until 6 months’ resolution successfully. The drive To-From home on office lunch breaks, pumping 3-4 times a day (including one in the night), bringing out the boob at the slightest indication of baby hunger …all well worth it. Ah, am happy 🙂
- – Turning over is an old story already. Paapu is standing high, balancing on all fours now!! Not that it came easy. She worked very hard at it and can finally do it, albeit moving forward is still a work in progress. For some reason, moving backward ( ‘reverse gear’ , as Daddy calls it) comes very easy 😉
- – Squealing and squeaking at high pitch are the favorite things to do when smiling and laughing does not seem enough. Mommy and Daddy cannot stop laughing at the funny sounds she makes and that’s when she suddenly stops and gives that questioning look 😀
- – The outside world is suddenly so damn interesting to Paapu. Nobody can grab her attention for anything when she is out in the open. Turns there to look what colour, turns here to look what shape, turns back to see what sound..not even a blink of the eye at times 🙂
- – A hard working , but patient young photographer lady at a professional studio sweat it out over a bunch of Paapu pics, getting her to actually pose and make the most wonderful expressions ever! Here is a sample.
Let me know if you figure out what she might be sayin’ 😉