How have you been? That new one, 2012, treating you well? 🙂
Though we planned it to be a quite and happy beginning, the new year ushered us in with a lot of action – that which included our car break in, a cold night drive, last minute changes and a party which rocked the night round – high on music, laughter, dance and spirits ( both kinds ) !
All that is a different story to tell. I am here, however, for a different reason. First, to wish each one of you a new year that feels fabulous in every possible way 🙂
Second, to do this tag that I have been meaning to do since the time I saw it here.That’s one wicked post to begin writing in the new year, I know. Who said I was being nice anyway? 😀
Once I start talking of the husband and his traits, it shall be difficult to stop. So, am conveniently giving up the 7 number restriction and proceeding.
- The husband has one dimple on each cheek. That makes it two (duh!)..and I love them muchly. So much so that I sincerely prayed Paapu gets them too when I was expecting her. That didn’t happen, however, and the husband remains the sole a-dimple-on-each-cheek person in the family.Needless to say he is mighty proud of those two ( dimples, I mean).
- Before you go all awww at the above point, let me make up for it by saying that his hair style ( style? Hehehe) is sad.The guy lived in denial until one day, when the 6 year old of a dear friend pointed his head and giggled “Your hair is funny. Looks like a nest”. Enough said.
- Are you looking for the ultimate guide to annoy people? Contact The husband.Some tips in the beginners chapter will have things like placing open palm on the victims face without reason for unlimited duration. Also, changing your computer settings to hang the icons upside down, when victim leaves the machine unattended.Or, you may learn how you can stealthily update victims profile on network sites to say “I am a raging alcoholic and of course a chain smoker too. I live with my 16 dogs and 10 cats”
- I find it really hard to say this..I flinch and my nose crinkles, but here goes – The husband is the more responsible one among us two.Hmph. He remembers to ..pay the bills, update documents, keep in touch with relatives and friends, check on status about milk in the fridge, wear the condom whatever the heat of the moment, get the car serviced on time. What? All true those.
- The most wacky dialogues come out of him at the most unexpected times. It mostly makes you laugh out loud accompanied by an ‘Ayyo!’ face-palm. Sample these :
Me:”Did you finish that book – Top 10 places to see before you die?”
Him:”Hmm. I am coming up with my own list”
Me: “What list?”
Him: “Top 10 places to die before you see” 😀
Me: So, what do you think?
Him: That I am your Prince and you are my Prince-Ass 😀
- Have a free weekend with no plans? Want to just sit down and chill on the sofa, spend a lazy day watching a movie or two? Forget it, if you are married to this man, The husband. He is like a fish out of water if there is no plan ahead of the day.Or, to be precise, if there is no outdoor plan for the day. He believes it is blasphemous to spend free time indoors. Rain, sunshine or snow, he is all set all the time shouting , “come on, lets go!”. What weed he smokes to be such an enthu cutlet all the time, I don’t know.
- Sports of any kind doesn’t interest this guy. No, really! I found it hard at first..can such a GUY exist? 😀 Yes, he can. And, he does not care who is playing what and how, for any sport. Can be a good sportsman though, within a group of friends playing cricket or frisbee.
- It is dead hard to beat this guy in a debate. Before you raise an eyebrow, ask me how is that? The husband has this innate ability to confuse people. You think, analyse and argue in a straight line, while this man will think, hop, skip, jump, climb another plane and throw a pebble at you from there.Some people will work hard to fit that pebble into their straight line of thought while others like me just go ‘Wha..?” and let it go 😛
- The husband is a classic case of “You can take a tamilian out of Tamilnadu, but can never take Tamilnadu out of a tamilian”. Can have sambhar rice and chips any time of the day, best likes to dance to dabba kuthu songs, likes wife better in sari and bindi than any sexy western wear, quotes tamil movie jokes at slightest given chance..you get the idea? But surprisingly, NOT a Rajnikant fan..nor a Kolaveri fan either. Huh, wonders of nature! 😀
I just realized I am bubbling with more material here, but that might cost me..emm..my marriage?
So, will stop.
Bye for now.
* Walks away singing – Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way… Oh what fun it is to write of husband and his ways…” *